I am...

My photo
...a new-mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and wanna-be "stay at home" momma.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Closet cleaning

Just for the record this is not a post about skeletons or coming out or going in to the closet, but I just want to share that cleaning out my closet last night was more fun than I thought.  Also, it did a swell job of re-affirming how insecure I am about myself, but that's a different post altogether. 

I have needed to go through my closet since before I was pregnant with Evie.  I suppose I'm glad I waited because as some mothers know (not those mothers that seem to be able to have no physical change whatsoever postpartum, you make me sick with jealousy!!!-!) my body has changed and my clothing is fitting differently.  So in making the effort to embrace this new saggy body of mine (that doesn't sound positive at all), and trying even harder to look at the bright side that only I can change the way I look and feel about myself, I tried on just about everything on and to my surprise it didn't end up with me crying into my pillow about never eating again and then devouring a couple or ten Oreo cookies thinking to myself, I'm starting the diet tomorrow.  :)  No, instead, my sweet Pauliboy stood there and waited for me while he helped sort and give his opinion on nearly everything.  I would probably be correct to say that there aren't many men out there that would do that for their women, but my Paul did.  Right on, Lover man!!!

So now I have room in my closet (not to be replaced with new stuff too soon) and money in my pocket since I basically have an all (not that) new wardrobe.  :)

PS I should have taken before and after pictures, but I'm not that with it on the blogging/documenting.  I guess that is saved for the Evie stuff.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment