I am...

My photo
...a new-mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and wanna-be "stay at home" momma.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

define apologize

apologize
verb say sorry, express regret, ask forgiveness, make an apology, beg pardon, say you are sorry. "He apologized to those who had been affected."

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition.

I just wanted to post the definition of the word apologize on here because it seems to me that it is one of those words that is a get out of jail free card, or for that matter, not thrown around at all.  I have always tried to make it a point that if I have to say "I'm sorry" for something, that it is not only a way of expressing regret but a way of stating that I will try my damndest not to repeat said act.  On the other end of the spectrum, I find it funny (weird-funny, not funny-ha ha) the number of adults that find it okay to not apologize at all.  Just go on like nothing was ever said, the other person will get over it.  We make our kids do it, why wouldn't you make yourself step up to the plate and do it??  I guess what I'm trying to say is, mean it when you say it, and say it when you're s'pose too.  Everyone would be a lot happier and content with the world.  :)  Thank you, that's my worthless wisdom for the day.  :))
 

Let's finish up with a sweet picture of Babygirl! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment